[ Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 4 ]
Mango pomelo sago is a classic Hong Kong dessert that everyone loves in summer. It is a sweet, very refreshing dessert that you could easily make at home with simple ingredients!
1000 g Mango
300 g Golden Pomelo
80 g Sago
300 mL Milk
200 mL Coconut Cream
200 mL Water
60 g White Sugar
1. Bring a pot of water (1500 mL) to a boil, add sago (80 g), simmer over medium heat for 10 min and stir constantly, then cover and turn off heat for 10 min.
2. Cool the cooked sago with an ice bath and wash off the excess starch, drain well then cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 min and set aside.
3. Add milk (300 mL), water (200 mL), white sugar (60 g) and coconut cream (200 mL) to a pot then simmer over low heat for 5 min until the white sugar has dissolved completely, then let it cool down and set aside.
4. Peel golden pomelo (300 g), remove the seeds, take out the pulp and tear into small pieces.
5. Peel mango (1000 g), remove the seeds, and chop the mango into small cubes.
6. Add some mango pulp (235 g) to the milk mixture and blend it with a hand mixer.
7. Add sago, chopped mango (300 g) and golden pomelo pulp and mix well. Cover it with cling film and refrigerate at least 3 hr before serving.
Adjust the amount of mango used in this recipe according to personal preference and and mango sweetness.