[ Prep Time: 2 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 4 ]
Mapo tofu is a popular Chinese dish from Sichuan province. It is very easy to make at home and is perfect to serve with steamed rice!
250 g Minced Pork
400 g Hard Tofu
15 g Chopped Scallion
1 Tsp Minced Ginger
1 Tsp Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp Chili Bean Sauce
¼ Tsp Sichuan Pepper Powder
½ Tsp Chili Oil
½ Tsp Sesame Oil
¼ Tsp Chicken Powder
1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Tsp White Sugar
2 Tsp Corn Starch
400 mL Water
1. Cut hard tofu (400 g) into small cubes, then blanch it for 1 min, drain and set aside.
2. Mix corn starch (2 tbsp) with water (50 mL) and set aside.
3. In a pan, stir fry sichuan pepper powder (¼ tsp), chopped garlic (1 tsp) and chopped ginger (1 tsp) with oil (1 tbsp).
4. Add minced pork (250 g), stir fry over medium heat for 2 min.
5. Add chili bean sauce (2 tbsp), water (400 mL), white sugar (1 tsp) and chili oil (½ tsp), cover and simmer over medium heat for 2 min.
6. Add chicken powder (¼ tsp) and hard tofu, cover and simmer over medium heat for 2 min.
7. Add light soy sauce and corn starch solution, and continue to cook until the sauce has thickened.
8. Add sesame oil (½ tsp) and chopped scallion (15 g), mix well and serve.