[ Prep Time: 20 hr | Baking Time: 30 min | Serving: 8 ]
This is an effortless way to bake an ultra-soft milk loaf at home without the need for using a stand mixer or bread machine! Gluten will form naturally with this highly hydrated dough combined with a long, low temperature resting period!
350 g Bread Flour
300 mL Whole Milk
40 g White Sugar
30 g Unsalted Butter
8 g Instant Yeast
3 g Salt
1. In a bowl, melt unsalted butter (30 g) in the microwave (900 w) for 10 sec, let it cool down then add white sugar (40 g), milk (300 mL) and eggs (1 unit) and mix well.
2. In a bowl, mix bread flour (350 g), salt (3 g) and instant yeast (8 g) and mix well.
3. Add the milk mixture, mix and fold the dough with specula until no dry flour left.
4. Cover the dough with cling film and refrigerate for at least 12 h (and up to 24 h).
5. Deflate and divide the dough into three portions on a floured surface.
6. Roll out each portion, then roll it up as shown.
7. Place the dough on parchment paper and let it rise in a loaf pan (12 × 20 x ×11 cm) for 90 min.
8. Brush the surface of the dough with milk. Bake at 190 °C / 375 °F for 30 min.
9. Let it cool down completely on a rack and serve.
The bread slices can be stored in a freezer for up to 4 weeks.