[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 6 ]
Osmanthus jelly is a traditional Chinese dessert. It is a very refreshing and beautiful dessert full of sweet osmanthus flavour.
3 g Dried Osmanthus Fragrans
15 g Goji Berries
35 g Geltine
150 g Rock Sugar
20 g Honey
750 mL Water
1. Soak goji berries (15 g) with hot water for 3 min, drain and set aside.
2. Rinse dried osmanthus fragrans (3 g) with water, drain and set aside.
3. Bring a pot of water (750 mL) to a boil, add rock sugar (150 g).
4. Once the rock sugar has dissolved completely, add osmanthus fragrans, turn off the heat and cover for 5 min.
5. Add soaked goji berries and honey (20 g), simmer over medium heat until the honey has dissolved completely, turn off heat and cover for 3 min.
6. Add gelatine (35 g), turn off the heat and mix until the gelatine has dissolved completely.
7. Prepare a bowl of ice water, mix until it thickens.
8. Refrigerator for 6 hr until it is firm.
Do not boil osmanthus fragrans directly as it will become bitter.
It is important to cool the mixture over ice water until it starts to thicken to evenly distribute the goji berries and osmanthus fragrans.