[ Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Serving: 5 ]
Lotus root cakes stuffed with dace fish are very delicious. Adding dried shrimp to the cakes greatly enhanced the umami flavour of these super crispy lotus root cakes!
580 g Lotus Root
300 g Minced Dace Fish
20 g Dried Shrimp
10 g Dried Shiitake Mushroom
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
1 Tsp Oil
1 Tsp Sesame oil
¼ Tsp Salt
¼ Tsp Chicken Powder
¼ Tsp White Sugar
¼ Tsp White Pepper
1 Chopped Shallot
1 Chopped Garlic Clove
1 Tsp Light Soy Sauce
20 g Chopped scallion
1. Soak dried shiitake mushroom (10 g) and dried shrimp (20 g) for 30 min and set aside.
2. Peel lotus roots (580 g), grate 190 g of lotus root and cut the remaining into slices.
3. In a bowl, mix minced dace fish (300 g), grated lotus root, corn starch (2 tbsp), oil (1 tsp), sesame oil (1 tsp), salt (¼ tsp), chicken powder (¼ tsp), white sugar (¼ tsp), white pepper (¼ tsp), chopped garlic (1 clove), chopper shallot (1 pc) and light soy sauce (1 tsp) until well blended.
4. In a pan, add oil (1 tsp) and stir fry dried shrimp and soaked shiitake mushroom until fragrant.
5. Add chopped scallion (20 g), stir-fried dried shrimp and shiitake mushroom to the minced fish.
6. Take a slice of lotus root and add the minced fish on top. Repeat this process for all lotus root slices.
7. Pan-fry the lotus root cakes with oil (1 tbsp) 10 min per side.