[ Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 4 ]
Pork & chives dumplings are made with fresh chives and minced pork. It is very simple to make and they are absolutely delicious! It is best to make a big batch each time and store the dumplings in the freezer! Frozen dumplings are great to have on hand and they can be boiled, steamed, and pan-fried straight from the freezer!
500 g Minced Pork
300 g Wonton Wrappers
300 g Chives
½ Tsp Chicken Powder
½ Tsp White Sugar
½ Tsp White Pepper Powder
½ Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Oil
1½ Tsp Light Soy Sauce
3 Tsp Corn Starch
50 mL Water
1. Add white sugar (½ tsp), chicken powder (½ tsp), white pepper powder (½ tsp), salt (1 tsp), light soy sauce (1½ tsp), sesame oil (½ tsp), oil (1 tsp), corn starch (3 tsp) and water (50 mL) to the minced pork (500 g). Mix well.
2. Add chopped chives (300 g) to the minced pork, mix well to form the dumpling fillings.
3. First, put the filling (about 1 tbsp) in the middle of the wonton wrapper (1 sheet) (Figure 1). Fold the wonton wrapper in half, brush the edges of the wrapper with water and seal the dumpling (Figure 2). Turn it upside down (Figure 3), and finally dip fingertips in water and fold both ends of the dumpling together to ensure a good seal (Figure 4).
4. Place the wrapped dumplings on a tray that has been sprinkled with some corn starch.
5. Boil a pot of water and add the dumplings. Bring it to a boil again, add cold water (250 mL) and simmer for 10 minutes.
The wrapped dumplings can be stored in the freezer for about two weeks.
Sprinkle corn starch on the tray can prevent the dumplings from sticking to the tray.
Stir the dumplings occasionally while cooking to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pot.