[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Serving: 4 ]
Pumpkin has a high nutritional value and can be used to make a great dessert with sago and coconut milk. This pumpkin sago dessert is very tasty, smooth, and rich in flavour and it can be served cold or hot!
675 g Pumpkin
50 g Sago
1 L Water
50 g Rock Sugar
80 g Coconut Cream
60 mL Evaporated Milk
1. Peel pumpkin (675 g), remove the seeds, cut into cubes and rinse with water.
2. Blanch sago (50 g) over medium heat for 10 min, then cool down the sago in cold water and set aside.
3. Bring a pot of water (1 L) to a boil, add pumpkin, simmer over medium heat for 10 min.
4. Add rock sugar (50 g), simmer over medium heat for 5 min.
5. Blend the soup with a hand mixer, skim off the scum on the surface.
6. Add sago, evaporated milk (60 mL) and coconut milk (80 g), mix well and simmer over medium heat for 5 min to serve.