[ Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 6 ]
These Japanese-style soft boiled eggs are very popular and often served with ramen. They are very easy to prepare at home with a soy sauce based marinade!
80 mL Mirin
80 mL Japanese Soy Sauce
60 mL Sake
½ Tsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 Tsp White Sugar
180 mL Water
1 Tsp Chopped Garlic
1. Let the eggs (6 pcs) warm up to room temperature.
2. Boil a pot of water, add salt (1 tsp) and eggs (6 pcs), simmer over high heat for 6 min with stirring.
3. Prepare a bowl of ice water. Add the soft boiled eggs to the ice water and let them cool for 15 min.
4. In a pot, add water (180 mL), Japanese soy sauce (80 mL), sake (60 mL), white sugar (1 tsp), mirin (80 mL) and chopped garlic (1 tsp), simmer over medium heat for 3 min.
5. Let the sauce mix cool to room temperature, add peeled eggs and marinate them in a refrigerator for 1 day.
Store the Japanese soft boiled eggs in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Boiling eggs warmed up back to room temperature are less likely to crack the shell.