[ Prep Time: 30 min | Cooking Time: 20 min | Serving: 4 ]
Sea snails in spicy wine sauce is one of the most popular dishes in the open-air food stalls in Hong Kong. The sea snails are tender and super delicious after cooking in the spicy sauce. It is also an excellent side dish that goes well with beer and wine!
480 g Sea Snails
8 g Ginger Slices
20 g Garlic Slices
20 g Shallot Slices
8 g Chopped Chili
20 g Coriander
10 g Scallions
1 Tbsp White Sugar
2 Star Anise
2 g Sichuan Peppercorns
1½ Tbsp Chili Bean Sauce
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 Tbsp Chu Hou Paste
1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
250 mL Shaoxing Wine
2 Tbsp Cooking Rose Wine
100 mL Chicken Stock
1. Rinse the coriander (20 g), then cut into segments and set aside. (Keep the roots of the coriander)
2. Rinse the sea snails (480 g), then blanch for 2 min.
3. Rinse the blanched sea snails to remove the snail slime.
4. Blanch the sea snails again for 3 min with ginger slices (8 g) and scallions (10 g), then drain and set aside.
5. In a pan, add cooking oil (2 tbsp), stir fry star anise (2 pcs), sichuan peppercorns (2 g), shallot slices (20 g), coriander root and chopped chili (8 g) over medium heat.
6. Add chili bean sauce (1½ tbsp), chu hou paste (1 tbps) and oyster sauce (1 tbsp) and stir fry until fragrant, add the sea snails and mix well.
7. Add chicken stock (100 mL) and shaoxing wine (250 mL), cover and simmer over medium heat for 2 min.
8. Add white sugar (1 tbsp) and light soy sauce (1 tbsp), cover and simmer over low heat for 10 min.
9. Add coriander, cover and simmer over medium heat for 1 min.
10. Transfer the sea snails to a clay pot, add cooking rose wine (2 tbsp) and cover for 20 min without heating.
11. Cover and simmer the sea snails over medium heat for 1 min and it is ready to serve.