[ Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Serving: 4 ]
Seafood paella originated from Valencia, is one of the best-known dishes in Spanish cuisine. Using fast-cooking proteins such as mussels, prawns and chorizo, this tasty signature dish can be prepared at home in just 30 min!
150 g Prawns
150 g Scallops
400 g Chopped Tomato
250 mL Chicken Stock
200 g Paella Rice
150 g Chorizo Sausage
60 g Peas
300 g Onion
250 g Mussels
3 Garlic Cloves
2 g Fresh Parsley
½ Tsp Chili Powder
½ Tsp Salt
¼ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
¼ Tsp Saffron Threads
¼ Tsp Dried Thyme
1. Finely chop the onion (300 g) and set it aside.
2. Finely mince the garlic cloves (3 cloves) and set them aside.
3. Season the prawns (150 g) and scallops (150 g) with chili powder (½ tsp), salt (½ tsp) and ground black pepper (¼ tsp).
4. Sauté the prawns and scallops with vegetable oil (2 tbsp) over medium-high heat for 2 min. Transfer them to a bowl and set aside.
5. Sauté the chorizo (150 g) over medium-high heat for 2 min until lightly brown. Transfer the chorizo to the bowl with prawns and scallops and set aside.
6. Add chopped onion, minced garlic and dried thyme (¼ tsp) and sauté over medium heat for 2 min.
7. Add paella rice (200 g) and stir fry over medium heat for 1 min until lightly toasted.
8. Add chicken stock (250 mL), chopped tomato (400 g) and saffron threads (¼ tsp). Mix well, bring it to a boil then cover and simmer over low heat for 15 min.
9. Add cooked prawns, scallops and chorizo and mix well. Arrange peas (60 g) and mussels (250 g) over the rice, cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 min.
10. Sprinkle the dish with fresh parsley (2 g) and serve.