[ Prep Time: 30 min | Cooking Time: 15 min | Serving: 4 ]
Shanghai stir-fried noodle is one of the most popular noodle dishes in Shanghainese restaurants in Hong Kong. It is easy to make at home and very delicious with chili bean sauce.
900 g Shanghai Style Noodles
215 g Lean Pork
400 g Cabbage
2 pcs Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
3 Garlic Cloves
Marinade (Lean Pork)
½ Tsp Light Soy Sauce
½ Tsp Corn Starch
½ Tsp Oil
¼ Tsp Salt
¼ Tsp White Sugar
100 mL Chicken Stock
½ Tsp Chicken Powder
1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
4 Tsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Oyster Sauce
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
¼ Tsp Salt
1 Tsp White Sugar
1. Soak dried shiitake mushroom (2 pcs) for 20 min, cut into slices and set aside.
2. Slice cabbage (400 g), rinse with water, drain and set aside.
3. Cut lean pork (215 g) into strips, marinate it with light soy sauce (½ tsp), white sugar (¼ tsp), salt (¼ tsp), corn starch (½ tsp) and oil (½ tsp) for 15min.
4. Prepare the sauce mix by mixing white sugar (¼ tsp), oyster oil (1 tbsp), light soy sauce (1 tbsp), dark soy sauce (4 tsp), chicken powder (½ tsp), salt (¼ tsp) and chicken stock (100 mL).
5. In a pan, stir fry sliced shallot and garlic with oil (1 tbsp) until fragrant. Add sliced shiitake mushrooms and pork, stir fry until well done.
6. Add cabbage and water (100 mL), cover and simmer over medium heat for 3 min and set aside.
7. Add cabbage and water (100 mL), cover and simmer over medium heat for 3 min and set aside.
8. Add all the other ingredients back and stir fry for 5 min.
9. Slowly add the sauce mixture while stir frying the noodles.
10. Add sesame oil (1 tsp) to serve.