[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 4 ]
Stir fried egg noodles with soy sauce is a quick and easy dish that you could make within 30 min! It is a popular Cantonese chow mein dish made with egg noodles, bean sprouts, chives and shallot.
400 g Egg Noodles
150 g Bean Sprouts
80 g Chives
20 g Scallion
5 g White Sesame Seeds
1 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
1½ Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Maggi Liquid Seasoning
1 Tsp Oyster Sauce
½ Tsp Shaoxing Wine
¼ Tsp Chicken Powder
1 Tbsp White Sugar
¼ Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Water
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1. Cut chives (80 g) and scallion (20 g) into segments, slice the shallot (1 pc) and set aside.
2. Prepare the sauce mix by mixing dark soy sauce (1 tbsp), light soy sauce (1½ tbsp), Maggi liquid seasoning (1 tsp), oyster sauce (1 tsp), white sugar (1 tbsp), chicken powder (¼ tsp) and water (2 tbsp).
3. Toast white sesame seeds (5 g) and set them aside.
4. Blanch egg noodles (400 g) for 1 min over high heat. Turn off heat and cook for 1 min, drain and set aside.
5. Mix the egg noodles with oil (2 tsp).
6. Stir fry bean sprouts (150 g, sliced shallot, chives and scallion with oil (1 tbsp) over medium heat, add Shaoxing wine (½ tsp) and salt (¼ tsp) then set aside.
7. Pan fry egg noodles with oil (1 tbsp) until it turns golden brown. Slowly add the sauce mixture while stir frying the noodles. Add the bean sprouts, shallot, chives and scallion. Sprinkle toasted white sesame seeds on top to serve.