[ Prep Time: 30 min | Cooking Time: 25 min | Serving: 4 ]
This delicious steamed chicken dish with mushrooms goes well with steamed rice. It is super easy to prepare, and the addition of red dates makes this dish more nutritious!
600 g Chicken Pieces
35 g Shiitake Mushroom
8 g Red Dates
2 Tsp Shaoxing Wine
1 Tsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
10 g Ginger Slices
10 g Garlic Slices
1 Tbsp Corn Starch
1 Tsp Oil
¼ Tsp Salt
½ Tsp White Sugar
1. Soak shiitake mushroom (35 g) with hot water for 1 hr, then cut into slices and set aside.
2. Rinse and cut red dates (8 g), remove the seeds and set aside.
3. Rinse chicken pieces (600 g), then pat dry with a kitchen towel.
4. Marinate the chicken pieces with oyster sauce (1 tbsp), salt (¼ tsp), white sugar (½ tsp), light soy sauce (1 tsp), shaoxing wine (2 tsp), garlic slices (10 g), ginger slices (10 g), red dates, corn starch (1 tbsp), oil (1 tsp) and shiitake mushroom for 30 min.
5. Cover and steam it over medium heat for 25 min.
6. Add chopped scallion, cover and steam it over medium heat for 30 sec and serve.