[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 25 min | Serving: 2 ]
This steamed egg with crab is a great seafood dish that is easy to make with simple ingredients. The steamed crab preserves its delicious flavour and is perfect with Shaoxing wine-infused steamed egg!
360 g Crab
1½ Tbsp Shaoxing Wine
¼ Tsp White Pepper
¼ Tsp Salt
150 mL Water
1. Remove the gills of the crab (360 g) and then cut into smaller pieces. Break the claws with the back end of a knife and then place the crab in a dish and set aside.
2. Whisk egg (3 unit), then add water (150 mL), salt (¼ tsp), shaoxing wine (1½ tbsp) and white pepper (¼ tsp), mix well and then strain the egg mixture though a sieve and set aside.
3. Cover and steam over high heat for 10 min.
4. Slowly add the egg mixture to the steamed crab, cover it with cling film, cover and steam over medium heat for 12 min.
5. Sprinkle some chopped scallions on top to serve.
Freezing the crab in the freezer for a few mins would make it easier to handle.
The egg and water ratio for the egg mixture is 1:1.
It is important to use heat safe cling film to steam the egg.