[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 10 min | Serving: 4 ]
Steamed garlic prawns with vermicelli noodles is a classic Cantonese restaurant style dish. It is a tasty dish with very little preparation and only takes a few minutes to cook!
280 g Prawns
40 g Vermicelli
1 Tsp Fried Garlic
20 g Chopped Green Onion
3 Tbsp Low Sodium Light Soy Sauce (1½ Tbsp Light Soy Sauce + 1½ Tbsp Water)
2 Tbsp Oil
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Tsp White Sugar
1. Soak vermicelli (40 g) with hot water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Use a pair of scissor to trim off the legs and split the prawns in half to the tail (Do not cut through). Remove the guts and rinse thoroughly with water.
3. Mince garlic cloves (4 pcs) and set aside.
4. Heat up oil (2 tbsp) and stir fry chopped garlic (2 tsp) until fragrant, then add to light soy sauce (3 tbsp) with white sugar (1 tsp) and mix well.
5. Use a pair of scissors to cut the soaked vermicelli into 2 to 3 segments then place it on the serving plate. Then place the prawns and minced garlic (2 tsp) on top of the vermicelli. Steam over high heat for 5 minutes.
6. Add the sauce mix, fried garlic (1 tsp) and chopped green onion (20 g) on the steamed prawns to serve.