[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 20 min | Serving: 4 ]
Steamed minced pork is a classic Cantonese dish. Adding Shiitake mushrooms and dried squid greatly enhanced the umami flavour of the patty and it’s best served with steamed rice!
400 g Minced Pork
30 g Shiitake Mushroom
20 g Dried Squid
2 Tsp Light Soy Sauce
½ Tsp White Sugar
½ Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Oil
½ Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Oyster Sauce
¼ Tsp White Pepper
½ Tsp Chopped Garlic
1½ Tbsp Corn Starch
1 Tbsp Water
1. Soak shiitake mushrooms (30 g) with hot water for 1 hr. Cut into small strips and set aside.
2. Soak dried squid (20 g) with hot water for 20 minutes. Cut into small strips and set aside.
3. Prepare the marinade by mixing light soy sauce (2 tsp), white sugar (½ tsp), salt (½ tsp), oil (1 tsp), sesame oil (½ tsp), oyster sauce (1 tsp), white pepper (¼ tsp), chopped garlic (½ tsp) and corn starch (1½ tbsp).
4. Add minced pork (400 g) to the marinade and mix well. Add water (1 tbsp), mix well and marinate for 15 minutes.
5. Add the shiitake mushrooms and chopped dried squid to the patty and mix well. Place the patty on a plate.
6. Steam over high heat for 20 minutes.
It’s best to use minced pork with about 30% fat so that the steamed patty is more tender and juicy.