[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 25 min | Serving: 4 ]
Steamed minced pork with salted egg is a classic Cantonese dish. It is super easy to make and is best served with steamed rice!
400 g Minced Pork
2 Salted Egg
1 Tsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Tsp White Sugar
1 Tbsp Corn Starch
½ Tsp Chicken Powder
½ Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Oil
2 Tbsp Water
1. Prepare the marinade by mixing white sugar (1 tsp), light soy sauce (1 tsp), chicken powder (½ tsp), oil (1 tsp), sesame oil (½ tsp), water (2 tbsp) and corn starch (1 tbsp).
2. Add minced pork (400 g) to the marinade and mix well. Marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Separate the salted egg white (2 unit) and salted egg yolk.
4. Add the salted egg white to the patty and mix well until all the egg white is absorbed by the meat.
5. Place the patty on a plate, then place the salted egg yolks on the patty.
6. Cover and steam over high heat for 25 minutes and sprinkle some chopped scallions on top to serve.
It’s best to use minced pork with about 30% fat so that the steamed patty is more tender and juicy.