[ Prep Time: 30 min | Cooking Time: 5 min | Serving: 4 ]
Stir fried clams with black bean sauce is a popular dish served in Chinese restaurants. This simplified recipe is very easy to follow with simple ingredients to make this classic dish at home!
600 g Clams
10 g Fermented Black Beans
25 g Chopped Garlic
25 g Chopped Shallot
10 g Chopped Scallion
8 g Chopped Ginger
4 g Chopped Chili
1 Tsp Light Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Huadiao Wine
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
½ Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Corn Starch
½ Tsp White Sugar
¼ Tsp Salt
1. Rinse and drain the fermented black beans (10 g).
2. Prepare a basin of water, add salt (1 tbsp) and clams (600 g), rest for 1 hr, drain and set aside.
3. Boil a pot of water, blanch the clams for 1 min, drain and set aside.
4. In a pan, stir fry chopped garlic (25 g), chopped shallot (25 g) and chopped ginger (8 g) with oil (3 tbsp).
5. Add the fermented black beans and clams, stir fry over medium heat for 2 min.
6. Add oyster sauce (1 tbsp), light soy sauce (1 tsp), huadiao wine (1 tsp), white sugar (½ tsp) and chopped chili (4 g), stir fry over medium heat for 2 min.
7. Add salt (¼ tsp), corn starch solution (1 tsp corn starch + 2 tbsp water) and chopped scallion (10 g), stir fry over medium heat for 1 min.
8. Add sesame oil (½ tsp), mix well and serve.
Huadio wine could be replaced by shaoxing wine.