[ Prep Time: 60 min | Cooking Time: 7 min | Serving: 2 ]
Stir-fried pea shoots with dried scallops is a traditional luxury dish to celebrate Chinese new year. It requires only simple ingredients and it is quick and easy to make at home!
28 g Dried Scallops
295 g Pea Shoots
300 mL Chicken Stock
1 Tsp Shaoxing Wine
10 g Chopped Garlic
¼ Tsp Salt
1½ Tbsp Corn Starch
1 Tsp Light Soy Sauce
¼ Tsp White Sugar
1 Tsp Oyster Sauce
1 Tbsp Scallop Stock
1. Rinse dried scallops (28 g), then soak with hot water (150 mL) for 1 hr.
2. Steam the dried scallops over medium heat for 30 min, keep the scallop stock and shred the scallops and set aside.
3. Soak pea shoots (295 g) with salt (1 tsp) for 20 min, drain and pat dry it with kitchen towels and set aside.
4. Prepare the sauce mix by mixing corn starch (1½ tbsp), light soy sauce (1 tsp), white sugar (¼ tsp), oyster sauce (1 tsp) and scallop stock (1 tbsp) then set aside.
5. Heat up some oil (2 tbsp) on a pan. Pan fry the chopped garlic (5 g) over medium heat.
6. Add pea shoots, pan fry over medium heat for 1½ min.
7. Add Shaoxing wine (1 tsp), salt (¼ tsp) and scallop stock (2 tbsp), pan fry over medium heat for 1 min and place them on a plate and set aside.
8. Heat up some oil (2 tbsp) on a pan. Pan fry the chopped garlic (5 g) and shredded scallops over medium heat.
9. Add chicken stock (300 mL) and scallop stock (100 mL), simmer over medium heat for 4 min.
10. Add the sauce mix and stir until the sauce has thickened.
11. Pour the sauce over the pea shoots to serve.