[ Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 20 min | Serving: 4 ]
Sweet and sour pork is a popular dish served in Chinese restaurants. This simplified recipe is very easy to follow with simple ingredients to make this classic dish at home!
350 g Pork Shoulder
70 g Green Bell Pepper
75 g Pineapple Slices
½ Tsp Salt
4 Tbsp Ketchup
2 Tsp White Vinegar
1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
½ Tsp Light Soy Sauce
2½ Tsp Corn Starch
2 Tbsp White Sugar
¼ Tsp Salt
200 mL Water
1. Rinse the pork shoulder (350 g) then pat dry with a kitchen towel and cut into cubes.
2. Marinate the pork shoulder with salt (½ tsp) for 20 min.
3. Rinse the green bell pepper (70 g) and cut into slices.
4. Cut the pineapple slices (75 g) into small pieces.
5. Prepare the sauce mix by mixing ketchup (4 tbsp), white vinegar (2 tsp), chopped garlic (1 tbsp), light soy sauce (½ tsp), corn starch (2½ tsp), white sugar (2 tbsp), salt (¼ tsp) and water (200 mL).
6. Coat the pork chop with corn starch (6 tbsp).
7. Heat up the oil (500 mL) over medium heat.
8. Deep fry the pork shoulders over medium heat for 5 min, then drain and set aside.
9. Heat up the oil over high heat and double fry the pork shoulders for 1 min.
10. Simmer the sauce mix with oil (1 tsp) over medium heat for 3 min.
11. Add the green bell pepper and pineapple slices and simmer over high heat for another 2 min.
12. Mix the sweet and sour sauce with the pork and serve.
Adjust the amount of oil used depending on the size of the pot.