[ Prep Time: 15 min | Cooling Time: 6 hr | Serving: 6 ]
Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert made with mascarpone cheese as the main ingredient. It’s rich in flavours and great for everyone to share!
Ingredients (Cheese Mixture)
500 g Mascarpone
60 g White Sugar
30 mL Marsala
30 mL Water
3 Egg Yolks
½ Tbsp Cocoa Powder
Ingredients (Sponge Fingers)
200 g Sponge Fingers
75 mL Espresso
50 mL Marsala
10 g White Sugar
1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks (3 unit) and mix the egg yolks with white sugar (60 g), Marsala (30 mL) and water (30 mL).
2. Heat up the egg yolk mixture over low heat to 80°C／180°F with constant stirring.
3. Sieve the egg yolk mixture to a mixer and then whisk it until foamy.
4. Fold in the egg yolk mixture in portions to the mascarpone (500 g).
5. In a separate container, add white sugar (10 g) and Marsala (50 mL) to the Espresso (75 mL) and mix well.
6. Layer some cheese mixture on a tray and then place some sponge fingers (soaked in the coffee mixture) on top. Cover the sponge fingers with more cheese mixture.
7. Repeat step six to use up all the sponge fingers and cheese mixture.
8. Cover it with cling film and the refrigerate at least 6 hr.
9. Sprinkle some cocoa powder (½ Tbsp) on top and serve.