[ Prep Time: 5 min | Cooking Time: 30 min | Serving: 4 ]
Vegetable rice is very easy to make and this certainly makes steamed rice more flavorful, delicious and healthy.
300 g Shanghai green cabbage
2 Cup White Rice (300 g)
2 Garlic Clove
2 Sliced Ginger
175 mL Water
175 mL Chicken Stock
1 Tsp Chicken Powder
½ Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Oil
1. Chop the cabbage (300 g), set it aside.
2. Steam rice (300 g) with water (175 mL) and chicken stock (175 mL).
3. Pan-fry sliced garlic (2 cloves) and ginger (2 slices) with oil (2 tbsp).
4. Stir fry green cabbage at medium heat, add water (4 tbsp), salt (½ tsp) and chicken powder (1 tsp). Stir fry for about 2 min.
5. Add the green cabbage to cooked rice, mix well to serve.
Mixing the cooked green cabbage with cooked rice gives a crisper texture than steaming it together with the rice.